Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 2, morning

We had a good night of rest here in Rome and are now all set to head out to the Colosseum after breakfast. The plan for the day is to have a guided tour of the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon. After that we will split up. Some will go to the Catacombs, some will spend free time shopping and seeing more sights. Tonight, most of us will head out on a Rome by night guided tour.

There are still a few first day jitters that we are working out. The banks are closed since it is a Sunday, so we cannot exchange US currency yet, but we will get to that tomorrow. Some of us had a hard time figuring our the calling cards, but we are getting the kinks worked out and will be able to call home this evening.

The web connection is still hard to find. I am posting this from a public computer in the hotel lobby, so I cannot get the photos linked up. Once I find a wifi hot spot I will post photos of out activities. Until then, know that we are all safe and enjoying ourselves. The line behind me is growing, so for now I will sign off. More to come.

No comments: