Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crunch time!

Hey travelers! Time to make those final preparations.

I've been in touch with our tour director, Katia DiLodovico. She sent me this little blurb about herself:

About myself: I'm italian, I grew up in a town called Pescara, on the Adriatic Coast of Italy, but now I live in Rome where I moved for college several years ago to study foreign languages and literatures; I love travelling and being in good company, that's why I started working for EF in the "last century", it was 1999, and I still love it!!!

Katia also reminded me of the dress codes in the churches we'll visit: The dress code applies to all churches: no shorts allowed at all, no short skirts and no sleeveless tops, basically shoulders, stomach and knees need to be covered; at the Vatican they're stricter: men need to wear long pants to cover their ankles too, but you can wear casual, or jeans.

Please be sure to pack accordingly.

Finally, one last minor tweak to the itinerary. Katia would rather not break up both our days in Florence, so we'll be going to Pisa on the 16th, not on the 15th as originally planned.

Please feel free to call or e-mail with any last minute questions.

Remember to meet at the Grand Rapids Airport at 3 p.m. tomorrow. Wear your tour shirt!.

Thanks,

JVH

No comments: